Router bits for putting wood edges on ply?

In the past I have only done this on lids, and there I have simply glued the edges on. It has worked fine.
My new project is going to be 3/4" plywood panels joined with wood edges. I figured I needed more than just glue, and was going to through some biscuits in.
I have seen that set of router bits that is supposed to layer the top ply over the wood edge, but they are expensive and look a little flaky. (Anyone use these?) But, my new catalog has a set that is a tongue and grove that come together at 60 degrees rather than 90 degrees. Any particular advantage to this over a standard T&G? They are only $45/set, so the price is right if they actually have a purpose. (Oddly, they have bottom guide bearings, but it is not clear why.)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.