Router Bits for milling T&G into 1 1/2" stock?

I have a big pile of pine 2x10s that I want to rip into 2x4 & 2x6, then mill T&G into the sides of the 2x6s for floor decking in a timberframe. Trouble is, I can't find router bits for my Delta shaper that will work with 1 1/2" thick stock. I've checked the usual suspects -- Freud, LHR, etc with no luck. I'm beginning to think I just need to build up bits out of separate pieces for the shaper. Any wisdom out there on best way to add T&G to 2x6s?

Thanks, Harvey

Reply to
H. Loucks

If they don't have it, they will make it. I don't think all their stuff is on the web page so you may want to contact them directly.

Edwin Pawlowski

Use a straight bit with a single pass with the stock vertical for the groove and use two passes, one on each side, with the stock horizontal for the tongue.

Nova

Have general method of t&g at the

link. (Uses off the shelf cutters.) Not a freebie, can be applied to shaper or router.

Routerman P. Warner

Reply to
Wilson