Ridgid table saw motor wiring

Another thread about my Rdgid TS2424... I knocked one of the black covers off the outside of the motor housing. There are 2 of them about

4 inches long- not sure what they are covering, knowing nothing about motors. Capacitors maybe? One of them has 2 black wires attached to 2 terminals on the (capacitor?) and there are 2 empty terminals. The other one I knocked off and there are 4 available terminals and 3 wires to attach- 2 white wires and 1 brown. Does it matter which terminals they attach to?

Also- which terminals do the black and white wires in the power cord attach to?

Help!!??

Reply to
fourempties

See page 9 of the user manual located at:

Nova

It is interesting to know that Ridgid is using a capacitor start capacitor run motor. Yes indeed those two boxes house capacitors. One is used only during startup while the other is permanently connected. Assuming your motor is wired for 110, the white wire in the cord is cold, and the black wire is hot. You need to consult the fine owners manual to determine how to connect the wires. Doesn't the motor label show how to connect the wires? Jim

Reply to
Jim

Another thread about my Rdgid TS2424... I knocked one of the black

Doesn't show the power cord wires, or what's under those covers on the outside of the motor housing. that's the problem.

Reply to
fourempties

Here's the breakdown of the 110 wiring:

Terminal 1 is a single post. Occupied Terminal 2 is 3 posts. None occupied Terminal 3 is 3 posts. 1 occupied Terminal 4 is 3 posts. 1 occupied.

I assume the black wire in the power cord goes on the unoccupied Terminal 2? Then what about the white wire?

Reply to
fourempties

Here's the breakdown of the 110 wiring:

Terminal 1 is a single post. Occupied Terminal 2 is 3 posts. None occupied Terminal 3 is 3 posts. 1 occupied Terminal 4 is 3 posts. 1 occupied.

I assume the black wire in the power cord goes on the unoccupied Terminal 2? Then what about the white wire?

Hook it up like the label shows. Leave the capacitors alone; they are connected in series with the secondary field coil. The centrifugal switch disconnects the start capacitor after the motor gets going. The other capacitor and the secondary field coil are always energized.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Doesn't show the power cord wires, or what's under those covers on the outside of the motor housing. that's the problem.

Yes, it is a problem in your mind anyway. There is no need to change the connection of the capacitors. There was no need to change the connection of the line cord. Just follow the instructions and leave everything else alone. If your saw did not have the line cord installed, I can't help.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

I didn't change the connection of the capacitors, Einstein. The capacitor was lying on the floor of my van. All I need to know is how to re-connect the wires to it so I can screw the housing back onto the motor housing. WHY IS EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM SUCH A DOUCHEBAG???

Reply to
fourempties

We're not the ones who broke the capacitors off of our motors. Who's the douchebag?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

No-one is forcin ya to stay. AAMOF, it might be best for all concerned if you amble on over to the so-called "moderated" forums where they'll pour a nice hot bath for you, rub your shoulders and say "there, there, it's ok."

This is USENET. Get used to it.

Reply to
Tanus