Ridgid Table Saw?

Any experiences good or bad with the Ridgid table saw?

Here are the specs:

Totally Enclosed Fan-Cooled Motor (TEFC)

13A @ 120V or 6.5A @ 240V (1560W, which -should- work out to 2 H.P., but it's rated at 1-1/2 H.P. Must be losses due to friction...)

3-3/8" depth @ 90 degrees

2-1/4" depth @ 45 degrees

Left Tilt

36" rip capacity to the right of the blade 12" rip capacity to the left of the blade

3450 RPM (without load)

287 pounds

Includes a mobile base/lift

Here's a link to it:

feels like a fairly solid machine, and the fence and miter gauge seem accurate (or at least seem like they can be made accurate).

I'll be using it for general woodworking, including (someday) kitchen cabinets and furniture (mainly Arts & Crafts/Mission) for our home.

Reply to
Nobody

Why would anybody want a moniker of "Nobody" and an address of "null"? I realize that retaining anonymity is of great importance these days but if one is to participate in the group, wouldn't it be a decent thing to have a name which actually means something, and an address which at least sounds like it might be real?

With all the spam being sent to the group, I would imagine that a good portion of these "anonymous" addresses are already killfiled.

Michael

Reply to
Herman Family

Yeah! I have one of them. What do you want to know about it? I might even be honest if I knew who I was talking to.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

I have a slightly earlier incarnation of this saw, and like it very much. Some small upgrades include T-slots for the miter gauge, etc. The greatest flaw IMHO is the fence. It doesn't totally s__k, but it isn't as good as the Beis clones on other saws.

As happy as I am, I paid $299 for mine on closeout. I think the new prices are about $600, which seems high. I think if I was paying that much, I'd spend a little more for a Grizzly cabinet saw.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

I just purchased this saw about a month ago, and I like it very much, although I immediately added an Incra miter guage. I read an online review that said the table extensions are thin and prone to cracking at the mating surfaces, but I don't see any difference from other contractor saws. A guy in the shop next to me just bought the equivilant Craftsman saw, and I like the Ridgid much better...the Craftsman has one stamped table extension (vs. Ridgid's nicely finished cast iron), and the Craftsman has an awkward angle on the dust-collection fitting. My only complaint is that the base could be a little sturdier.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Shaw