Rewrite of "Hats off to a couple of vendors"

Hopefully this will be readable.

I needed a bag for the Woodtek 1HP DC and went to Woodworkers Supply looking for one. Their listing of bags was inadequate in providing details of what they offered. There was no listing of what bag fitted which DC and no details about sizes of bags or bag openings/diameter. I E-mailed the Internet Manager, who I presumed was responsible for the data on their site, asking for better disclosure and got no response. Mailed the (I believe) Customer Relations Manager with my problem and he provided a part number and that is what I ordered. I got a 14" diameter bag that would not fit the 5" fitting on the DC. I mailed him about the misfit and he sent the correct bag at no charge and said to not send the incorrect bag back. That bag is now not needed and is available for cost of shipping from Augusta, GA area.

I use a Router Raizer in the router table to control the height of the bit from the top of the table instead of the knuckle buster knob used under the table previously. The Router Raizer crank and metal plug that fills the hole in the table top were misplaced in a recent move so I called their 1-800 number to order replacements. I explained what I wanted to buy and he said to not bother ordering them as they would send the parts at no cost. I found the misplaced crank and plug a few days later.

I was trying to acknowledge the positives of good customer relations and hope this time it is understandable.

Reply to
nospambob

MUCH clearer! The Woodworkers' Supply story, though, leaves me with mixed feelings. It's always good to see an error corrected the say they did, but it's not good that the correction had to be made to correct three successive failings (the lack of specs on the web page, the unresponsiveness of the webmaster, and the incorrect info given by the customer service manager).

Reply to
alexy

Huh? LOL

Reply to
Leon

Doh [dope slap]! Shows that spell checkers are not idiot-proof, or at least are no match for an accomplished idiot!

Reply to
alexy

I had to double check to make sure that it was your name and not mine on that reply. LOL

Reply to
Leon