Refinishing roll part of roll top desk

Hi,

The roll part of a roll top desk consists of individual pieces of wood glued to a cloth. (Yeah, you knew that, but I needed a segueway.

Do I want to remove the from the cloth before I refinish them or do it in place?

Also, and I guess this is a much more general question, how do I scrape something that's round? :)

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

W. Wells

Hi,

Thanks. Where would I purchase the replacement canvas and what name would it go by? Can you recommend a specific material?

Also, once removed, can the strips be dipped in the stripper rather than have the stripper applied to them?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude