Redwood Siding

I have 1/2 x 10 inch plain bevel redwood siding on my home. I need to replace some damaged boards, but can only find 3/4" siding. Anyone have ideas about building a jig for a planer or jointer to bring the thickness down to 1/2 inch? What I'm puzzled over is the thin edge of the bevel is quite fragile and can split if handled roughly. Thought I'd start with the experts. Any ideas would be helpful. Mike in Oregon

Reply to
Dust Boy