recycled fiber board question

Is is ok to use recycled fiber board on outside projects like trim on houses and deck?

Thanks Bill

Bill

That depends on how you recycle it. If you were to make sure it had plenty of wet strength additive, it might work out just fine. If it isn't going to get wet, then even that wouldn't be an problem. Make sure it is well sealed and primed. Also try a bit of product testing before you go and sell it to the world.

Reply to
Herman Family

Reply to
Mike Berger

My experience with fiber board is.....Water/moisture + Fiberboard = BAD

Had a storage area that needed a cover..Just needed something quick and it was the right size. We primed, painted, and sealed it. It didn't last long at all. This was under an overhang, which did give it some protection, it did get some direct weather depending on the wind, but over all it was out of direct sun and rain.

Didn't last a year.

Reply to
bremen68