Recommended scroll saws

HI, I'm a newbie to this site and need some advise. Can anyone recommend a good scroll saw? I.ve decided it would be easier to use a scroll saw when cutting windows etc in dolls houses I make.

Thanks for any recommendations and advise on things I should look for when chosing a scrool saw.

Reply to
Denis Glover

The best for the money in my opinion is the Dewalt.

Reply to
tdup2

I agree. Dewalt licensed the Excaliber design and painted it yellow - great saw for the money.

Reply to
Max Mahanke

The differences between a cheap saw and a good one are mainly two things, vibration and blade movement. The latter affects the quality of the cut, the former affects how long you can stand to use the sucker and whether any pieces you have on the saw table vibrate their way to the floor. I just got the Dewalt recently. The Delta 40-680 is similarly priced, actually cheaper if you buy the Dewalt stand instead of make your own. The Delta is heavier which is usually a good thing. If you want to be able to pick it up and store it when not in use you don't really want anything heavier than the Dewalt.

For smaller stuff like doll house parts the Dewalt might be overkill. You might have a look at MicroLux (Micromark.com) or Proxxon for smaller saws. I don't have any personal experience with either.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Other posters here have recommended some of the bigger, more expensive saws, which are great! But if you are only looking for a cheap saw, the Delta SS250/350 models are not too bad for light work. Here's a review of the Delta SS250 >

long as you clamp/bolt it down to something solid, she works great!

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

6 Reviews:

- Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System

- Festool CT Mini Dust Extractor

- Kreg K3 Pocket Hole Joinery System