Recommended Glue for Edge Glueing on Floating Floor

Thursday going to lay my floating floor and examining my glue options. They Recommend EverSeal. Anything or ways better? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Better than the manufacturer's recommendation, that is???

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Well it's confusing the Manufacturers recommend the Urethane "Gorilla" type glue now. The Floor removed used yellow wood glue and that stuck pretty damn good. I've used Gorilla glue and I do question it's long term capacity.

Yellow "wood" Glue has been around many life times over. Whereas the foam glues are relatively new. Neither you or myself will know if it will last

30, 40 or 50 years... (this floor 20+) was in fine shape with the exception of a flood damaged area!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

I couldn't imagine using a gorrila type glue to install laminate flooring. My experience is they foam up and need to be scrapoed to clean the joint. I used the mfg's glue for a floor I did and I could of sworn it was Elemrs white glue, it looked, smelled and tasted just like I remember!

Reply to
No

Reply to
199.45.49.11

I agree, I'm looking into alternatives. I personally do not believe the Urethane type glues will hold up. I'll certainly present this to Armstrong and see what they recommend.... They can recommend a wood glue since they've been recommending that type for 30 years anyway!

Reply to
199.45.49.11