Rebuilt Batteries -- Reporting Back

The two PC 14.4v batteries for my PC drill needed replacing a few weeks ago. New replacement batteries cost in the $50-$60 range, plus shipping, so a pair cost almost as much as a new drill. I looked into getting them rebuilt and decided to try Voltman Batteries,

They'll rebuild any kind of batteries except a few Makitas, and their pricing is by voltage, not brand.

You pay them through PayPal or by check, you ship your battery pack to them, and it's your rebuilt battery pack you get back. They quoted two weeks turnaround time, and say they use 2.0Ah NiCD cells, which is the same as the PC original equipment battery.

Their cost to rebuild 14.4s was $40.00. You pay shipping to them, they pay shipping back. It cost me $8.50 to ship two batteries to them UPS.

Turnaround time door-to-door was 12 days, and the batteries seem fine. In fact my drill hasn't run that fast in a long time.

Bottom line: New PC OEM batteries $58. - $65. + shipping. Voltman: $40. + shipping.

I recommend them, and have no relationship with them except as a happy customer.

Reply to
Vince Heuring