Really stoked tonight!

Tonight I finally got to use my new jointer (8 inch Delta, DJ-20) the way it was intended. After egde jointing dozens short boards I needed to egde joint a 12 foot oak board that I will use as a transition piece from a tiled floor to the wood floor. I was a bit concerned that I would mess it up but after a few passes with a minimal cut I got the results I wanted. Nice square egde and very straight. The jointer never wobbled (unlike my ancient Jet 6 inch that I replaced) Good tools make it all so much more fun.

Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Yes they do. Unfortunately you can't convince folks that the garbage they picked up at The Home Decrap isn't as good as a used piece of quality equipment they could have purchased for about the same $$.

Reply to
A.M. Wood

That type of task is exactly why I bought a DJ-20... When you flop an 8-16 foot long board on the jointer and know you will get good results you quickly forget the price. I recall trying to edge and face joint 8 foot boards on my previous jointer and struggling... it was a 6" model where the total combined table length was about the same as the in-feed table on the DJ-20. It's the architectural woodworking where the length really shines... For my furniture projects the lengths are generally much shorter but lots of width is nice--a DJ-30 would be nice. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Check this one out. Be warned though, you may find your DJ-20 just became inadequate.

A.M. Wood

Reply to
A.M. Wood

as I recall) at a commercial cabinet shop... I think the tables on that are

8 feet long.

However, with hand planes like my L-N 7 I can take care of everything in my shop.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Yeah, that is a nice looking jointer too, but I was able to get the DJ

20 down >
Reply to
marc rosen