Re: What TYPE PC 557 is Amazon Shipping

FWIW, you aren't entirely correct. The EARLY type 2's had a problem. The

> latter runs of the type 2 were corrected. This has been an urban myth for > long enough. Go back in the archives and review the discussions I had with > Owen for some of the particulars...

snipped and pasted from another mssg:

There was much arguing around here a few months ago > on this very subject. I think I won, after sending pictures, and then Owen > got > confirmation from others that their new units were fine too.

Hmmm. I thought I won! Really, I let it die 'cause you seemed so determined to win... For some reason, I feel the need to quibble nits again:

MOST of the type 2's had the problem. The patent settlement modification (hence the "type 2" designation) hit the marketplace during the Spring & early-Summer of 2000. (My Father's Day gift that year was a type 2 with the prob - and I had read about the issue here on the rec for a few months prior.) My first shim was sent out July 19, 2000.

Rumors of non-existent fence setbacks on new type 2's began to crop up in the late-Fall (October/November-ish?) of last year and seemed to be getting more common by year's end. The "type 3" designation appeared about New Years or within a month or so thereafter.

So you can see, hopefully, that for the roughly 2.5 year production run of the type 2, it was only the last few month's worth in which the problem appeared to be "fixed". Why P-C didn't rebadge the modified "2's" immediately as "3's" is a mystery to me.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:04:57 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC pixelated:

Please do it via email so the rest of us don't have to watch, guys. I mean R E A L L Y . . .

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

D F T T

------------------------------------------------------------ California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake --------------------------------------

NoteSHADES(tm) glare guards

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Just didn't want erroneous info to go unanswered, sans-cee.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Larry,

You are still a dipshit.