Re: What can you do with a lathe? Do more with a legacy

Two things as far as I can tell, 1) a little "down" time, 2) gloating

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Joe Woody Woodpecker demonstrated his obsession with comletion over process and lack of understanding of what a hobby is:

You want to make everything alike You want to do it as fast as possible You don't want to think about which tool to use You don't want to think about how to design the thing you're making You don't want to learn technique You want to finish the job You don't have a clue on what lathes make what items

God I pity your wife Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Now you've proven that you not only don't understand hobbies, you're clueless about women too. Getting there is at least half the fun.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Breathe. Take it easy, you're missing the point here (no pun). You've learned something very valuable here. You can be rewarded for having fun. Now, doesn't that feel better. ;-) It could be worse, she coulda said, "Oh, Why don't you make some more of the Chess boards, at least we can give those away. I have a headache." Now don't you feel better about the whole thing. Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

bowels???

dave

Joe Woody Woodpecker wrote:

.
Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dave, we all know that "Woody" is full of ... :-)

Doug Miller

big snips-

Ummmmm/////// Ah, okay.......

I like to play!

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Oh, I feel fine about the whole thing. It's still slightly disturbing though. All these years, all this time wasted... I could have bought a lathe years ago and saved myself a thousand hours of work turning out things that made her nod and say "that's nice dear." :)

Reply to
Silvan

Ayup. That would explain what comes out when he "expresses" himself...

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Well, the good news is that how you've got one, and soon new bearings. In the meantime, you've got another box of blanks headed your way. Hope the drive went well, I wouldn't want to be on the road right now. Just got a rig out of the trash yesterday.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
dave

Home has never looked so good, let's put it that way.

South Carolina, North Carolina? Sorry y'all, but your highway crews SUCK at dealing with that kind of stuff.

The trip started fine, until I got to the bottom of the mountain and crossed the state line. North Carolina's snow plow was busy somewhere else. I think South Carolina was using a road grader, since they don't have a snow plow.

South Carolina doesn't own any salt either, evidently.

Reply to
Silvan