Re: transparent router guard

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Plexiglas shatters - use Lexan or its equivalent.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Are there differences in working with Lexan -- cutting, gluing?

Reply to
Igor

Reply to
Ramsey

Hi,

I completed a woodsmith/shopnotes similar project some years ago. Woodsmith offered, at that time, a plexiglass piece bent at 90 degrees and slotted to allow varying height positioning. Works great.

Were I to make my own, I'd consider a wood and plexiglass one. A wood piece mounts vertically and has a plexiglass piece screwed to its bottom.

I cut plexiglass on my tablesaw with a carbide blade. Leave the paper on the plexiglass until after machining. Tiny pieces of plexiglass fly while cutting. It doesn't hurt, but be aware of it. Use necessary protection.

Inexpensive pieces of plexiglass in a variety of sizes are available in the remnants bin at places such as TAP Plastics.

Have fun. Hey...when using the mortiser, be aware of your feed direction. You'll want to get it correct so the router doesn't grab your workpiece!

Steve

C Carruth wrote:

Reply to
Steve Garcia