RE: Tangle Free Extension Cords

I'm with you for almost all of that, but I use a cord tie to hold the unused coiled cord together by the receptacle so the whole cord doesn't have to be unrolled.

RicodJour

Buy the cheap ones and once you put some current through them they soften right up...LOL

Josepi

Thanks for both posts. How did you modify yours without weakening it? JPG at 11?

-- Threee days before Tucson, Howard Dean explained that the tea party movement is "the last gasp of the generation that has trouble with diversity." Rising to the challenge of lowering his reputation and the tone of public discourse, Dean smeared tea partiers as racists: They oppose Obama's agenda, Obama is African-American, ergo...

Let us hope that Dean is the last gasp of the generation of liberals whose default position in any argument is to indict opponents as racists. This McCarthyism of the left

-- devoid of intellectual content, unsupported by data -- is a mental tic, not an idea but a tactic for avoiding engagement with ideas. It expresses limitless contempt for the American people, who have reciprocated by reducing liberalism to its current characteristics of electoral weakness and bad sociology. --George Will 14 JAN 2011 Article titled "Tragedies often spark plenty of analysis"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I take a picture and post it somewhere, I'll give you a reference.

Reply to
Leon

Leon

Probably increases the mass to make winding a bit easier, too.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I have a couple of the Horrible Freight versions of this and they have been quite durable and easy to use. My only gripe is that in order to get the claimed capacity the cord has to be layered on perfectly like thread on a spool. I like Leon's capacity increasers and may make some waterproof ones. Art

Reply to
Artemus

>>> Probably increases the mass to make winding a bit easier, too.

Actually the added mass simply makes it heavier. The reel works fine with the mass of what it is winding.

Reply to
Leon

Toilet seats? You screwed on toilet seats for extensions? Sacre bleu!

Thankee, sir.

[...]

Aha, $8.99 at HF might be cheaper than shipping.

[...]

Woodworker, pipefitter. They are amazingly similar in many ways. 35 hours a week, now

I think

I miss Bob, too. I always tried to be as cordial as him, but I wasn't nearly as good at it as he was.

Good to hear from you Rico.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Only 35...? You must be at loose ends. Maybe you could get a part time job to fill in. ;)

I knew better than to even try. He had...what's that word I'm looking for...? Right, patience. I got shortchanged in that department. I remember his stories of that bar he used to own. Sounded like a golden era.

You, too, Bob. Don't be a stranger.

RicodJour

You are probably right, I have never reallly thought about it. The material drills and bends like nylon yet gives no hint of being breakable. You could sling the spool and the extension cord across the yard and it would be no worse for wear.

No they are perfectly round. LOL. Actually each side is made up of half round rings and joined with a couple Domino tennons. Made a perfect joint.

Reply to
Leon

"RicodJour" wrote

I can buy that. I usually need the whole length, and when I don't, I have a few shorter cords around to use.

Reply to
Morgans

Unfortunately I frequently run into odd length cord requirements. I only have Imperial cords and a lot of times I find out the location that needs power is a metric distance away, so I just make do.

RicodJour

"RicodJour" wroteto use.

What happens when yu need a fraction length cord? Get out the ax or cable cutters?

Reply to
Morgans

No. I use my cable stretcher. I used to use my string theory cord, but last time it swung too close to a singularity, started superconducting massive amounts of energy into the fourth dimension, and I had to yank the Festool Domino cord out quickly while it was still running. Too quickly - bad results. Tunguska...? Yep, that was me. {sheepish grin}

RicodJour