Re: Router: Key bits

So does anyone know anything about that company that sells kits at Lowe's or HD? Forget the name it comes in a red plastic case and they have 20-some bits for about the same price. Is there a big diff bet companies WRT router bits?

Thanks

MAB

I've not used their bits, but they have gotten good > comments here. They have a 30 piece set for $100. You get 28 bits, wrench > and bearing. Considering the price, you can pay that much for just 4 or 5 > of the most used bits. You may not use a couple of them, but surely you > will use the straight bits, roundovers and rabbeting bit and can easily pay > $25 for just one. They have a 66 piece Millennium set for $190. > Ed > snipped-for-privacy@snet.net >
Maab

Avoid them. HD does not sell quality bits from my experience. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Red plastic case at HD is Hickory brand...I think that is "Oldham" in disguise.

I have to disagree with Edwin...I thinkk the Hickory bits (1/2" shank) are as good as the CMT or Bosch bits that I have paid $25 and upwards each...to get several of them in a set for $99 is a great deal even if I never use a few of them.

And I'll finish by saying I am also a "believer" in the Oldham 10" saw blades. I've put a few through hell and can't believe anybody would pay 5 times or more for anything else.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

You PREFER an Oldham blade to a WWII?? You ARE kidding, right? I've used both and would NEVER, EVER, waste my money on any Oldham blades again. I can't imagine there being a worse blade on the market.

dave

Tom Kohlman wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave