Re: Rockwell 4" Deluxe Jointer info request

Hi,

> > I just purchased a Rockwell 4" Deluxe Jointer. The model is 87-290 and the > serial number is GZ5585. I'm looking for tips on where to get a copy of the > users manual and possibly spare parts. It's running well now, but I haven't > used it except to test it. > > Obviously I can't go back to the manufacturer. Does anyone have this > jointer or had one in the past? I have new blades for it, but don't know > how to install them. Also need help with locking the table surface - both > sides of the blades are adjustable, but I don't want them moving when > cutting. > > Any help would be appreciated! > > Thanks. > > -- Kent Iler > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > snipped-for-privacy@iler.NOSPAM.com > Please CC: all replies via e-mail > Remove .NOSPAM from e-mail address >

There's probably a manual posted there someplace. if not, ask in the discussion group.

Reply to
PM6564

PM6564 responds:

snip

Probably. Or go back to the manufacturer, Delta.

Charlie Self

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." James Madison

Reply to
Charlie Self

Delta will have one, I'm sure. Probably even parts should you need them

Quality iron which I used for over twenty years. When Susan relented on a wider JET, my eldest didn't even congratulate me before asking for Rocky.

Reply to
George

Hi I have the same model Delta handles all parts. Changing knives is easy......just take your time. There are three set screws that hold a bar against the blades. Loosen those and the blade comes right out. The rear table should be just the same level as the blades. Once set it should not need to be set again except for change of blades.

I have the manual, but no way to scan it....sorry. I am sure Delta can get you one.

Great little machine. Had mine for 30 years, no problems.

wally

Kent P. Iler wrote:

Reply to
wcs

Thx! I'll check at all recommended locations.

--Kent

Reply to
Kent P. Iler

OK. I took a close look, and see 3 hex nuts that look like they are applying pressure to the blades. It's not an allen set screw like I'm normally familiar with. Just loosen these a few turns, and replace the blades?

Thx!

--Kent

Reply to
Kent P. Iler