Re: rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 3 of 10 - Tool Maintenance

actually happens a lot, just like with PVC pipe in dust

> collection systems. So you need to ground safety glasses by > wrapping them with lots of copper wire and plug in the wire into > a wall outlet. Don't forget to run the ground wire inside _and_ > outside! Metal glasses also work.

This is wholly DANGEROUS and inaccurate advice, Luigi! Someone might get poked in the eye with a copper wire. It's much safer just to give your entire body a positive charge by putting an extension cord up your ass (arse, Andy) and plugging it straight in. This will make the sawdust fly right off, and it's invigorating too.

Reply to
Silvan
[snip of foolishness]

Jeeeeeeeeeezz, Silvan. I'm beginning to think you actually read this whole damn thing. (Or that least the first three chapters.) You really need to get out more, or at least talk to SWMBO about tool usage. mahalo, jo4hn :-)

Reply to
jo4hn

Can you add a section on Bandsaw Blade Tensioning please. I ask a simple question about fluttering and everyone writes back to tell me I'm hysterical (or mebb'e it was I need a hysterectomy.)

As soon as I get 5 minutes on the next Cabal agenda, I'm bringing this up. Right after I get past the next initiation rite:

mttt

It's the end of the quarter, time for a ton of paperwork. I've been playing a lot of solitaire and Wrecking off as much as possible. ;)

Reply to
Silvan

Another good one!

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Top 10 Signs You're Spending Too Much Time Wrecking Off:

  1. You dial in to check for new posts more than once an hour.

  1. When you meet new people, you greet them with the question "Normite or Neander?"

  2. You've actually googled back to see when your first post was.

  1. You bid on that Ryobi router table just so you might win it, obliterate it, and post the results to ABPW.

  2. You've followed all of JOAT's links. Twice.

  1. Your pet name for your wife changed to "swimbo." You call her that, and she responds.

  2. Neighbors get confused by your frequent references to Kanukistan / Kanukistanis.

  1. You've considered removing Bay Area Dave from your killfile just so you can have more posts to read and get into more arguments.

  2. You're considering how you can one-up the Suckmeister without taking out a second mortgage on your second mortgage.

  1. You're still reading this stupid message.

(It would help if the weather would turn. I was out there when it was 20, but I'm having real trouble getting out there when it's 40 and raining. It's nappy, curl up with a good keyboard weather. Plus I have work to avoid.)

Reply to
Silvan

Nah, not me. I didn't get this far. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:39:36 GMT, "mttt" scribbled:

Haven't you read the very second paragraph:

Ackshally, I like the idea. But don't tell anybody, OK? Stay tuned Ape

1st 2005.

Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

LZ posts:

a tank town newspaper. Jeez, KC thinks it's still in the glory days, don't it?

Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sorry Charlie! {Hmmm - I *know* that tag line from someplace...} Didn't get the registration when I clicked there. I won't register for these things either!

Jokes long stale - but here's anuth'a link:

mttt

C'mon... I read it but was really sure you meant it for everyone else *but* me... :)

Reply to
mttt