Re: Planers versus jointers

You're right ... and while I do have all those items on hand, I still wouldn't have taken on that job without the/a jointer.

Reply to
Swingman

I kinda agree with you, in that you can live without a jointer if you have to, and if you are willing to fasten temporary pieces of known straight boards or other edges to run against the fence of the table saw. A little twist in flooring is not a big deal, it will be fastened down anyway,and T&G is even better.

Reply to
RM MS

there are also very nice combination machines, that use the same rotating blades both for planing/jointing and thicknessing, by the simmple effort of having an infeed/outfeed table, a (removable) vertical fence and an additional thicknessing table below that setup. It works very well (at least my fathers Metabo machine, now about 20 years old) and saves a lot of shop space (and money...).

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel