Re: OT - Odd latex paint problem...

On

There, it feels very slightly "tacky" and if I touch it with >my fingernail, the paint is extremely soft, and peels off in >small areas. The material that peels off is "rubbery" in >texture. >

Oils and salts from your skin is reacting to the paint. Try a some denatured alcohol on a small spot and wait a day or so to see if that clears up the tackiness.

Or leave ir all alone and cover that area with a thin backed cloth covered material with or without padding..

And try not to lean on the paint.

cselby

Howdy,

You are no doubt correct on all counts, and I have tried the alcohol already.

Repainting the area would be trivial, but would there be anything that I should be doing by way of prep?

I doubt that new paint could stick to the paint I have in its present condition.

Many thanks,

Reply to
Kenneth

Take off the old paint. How? Paint remover if it won't just scrape off.

Reply to
dadiOH