Re: OT: Modern Man

I've started a series of turnings representing cliches. Your post is a gold mine of ideas. Leave it to Carlin. thanks!

Reply to
charlieb

Lately, in the shop, we've been deliberately mixing up old sayings. We end up with stuff like "The grass is always greener just before the dawn." or "We'll cross that bridge like a bull in a china shop."

....juvenile, I know...but it does get funny sometimes..

Reply to
Robatoy

On our jobsites, we have ethnic days. Everyone must speak with the accent of the selected ethnicity. We do german, italian, pakistani, chinese, french, mexican and (my personal favorite) Scotty from Startrek.

Sample conversation:

Grrab thet wall and we'll set it in place.

Aye, captain!

Push!

I'm giving it all shes got, captain!

Reply to
Robert Allison

You can drive a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Reply to
Tanus

The grass is always greener before it gets pooped-on.

Reply to
Leon

Is a bear Catholic?

Does the Pope, er, never mind.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Fred the Red Shirt wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

Right! It's not brain science. Or rocket surgery.

Reply to
Smaug Ichorfang

'The grass is always greener over the cesspool' - Erma Bombeck

"Leon" wrote

wrote:

Reply to
Ron Magen

the mind is a terrible thing, ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I hate to nitpick, but it's "The grass is always greener over the septic tank".

"Leon" wrote

Reply to
J. Clarke

Curiously enough, the grass is usually *browner* over the septic tank due to the shallow depth of the soil before the concrete lid. The grass is, however, greener over the drainfield. The easiest way to find your septic tank is to stop watering your lawn for a week or so in the middle of summer and look for the brown circle or rectangle.

Not that this is really relevant to this oh so important thread....

Tim Douglass

of a teenager: God's punishment for enjoying sex.

Reply to
Tim Douglass

John hates to nitpick.

Right.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Robatoy

How about "It's always darkest just before it's pitch black"

By Mao, I've heard.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx