Re: ON TOPIC - Final Finishing

Using a paste wax is a bad idea for two reasons.

  1. It might stain the documents.
I've just completed a document bin 4'x3'6"x12" out of pine. The customer > didn't want to spend the money on hardwood, but paid me $300 in labor to > build it. > > I stained it a dark cherry and am ready to finally finish it. Would a paste > wax finish work well, or should I poly it? Or would you have any other > suggestions (I need a finish that will hold up to use in a busy office and > that will not stain the documents that it will be holding. > > Tillius - leaning a little to the RIGHT of Rush!
Reply to
akomitzky