RE: O/T: Garlic

Nope - not a throw-away at all. .. at $ 5.50 it should last a long long time. John T.

hubops

The Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith, made the garlic press and citrus reamer very popular with home cooks.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

---------------------------------------------------------- "Dave Balderst>

------------------------------------------------------ The old smack the clove with the flat side of something has certainly been around forever; however, it has it's drawbacks.

Your fingers and the husks end up being sticky and the husks are scattered all over the cutting board.

The hot water technique while not the answer to a maiden's prayer, avoids those problems.

It worked for me, YMMV

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Too much epoxy. :-)

Reply to
Leon

Dave Balderst> I don't smash the clove, I just push down on the flat of the knife > and

----------------------------------------------------- Mine are all in the 1 out of 10 group.

No class, just a mess.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Millions of people peeling garlic with the side of a knife for probably hundreds of years. My guess is the process is sound.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Maybe Lew needs a knife with a wider blade?

Reply to
Bill

Dave Balderst>> I don't smash the clove, I just push down on the flat of the knife >> and

Lew Hodgett wrote:

------------------------------------------------ DerbyDad03 uses the same 5 Star, JA Henckels, 10" Chef Knife I do.

Lew

Reply to