Re: Metric

> of the food I buy here in the U.S. comes from Canada. I buy most of my

> > food at Traitor Joe's, and it's surprising how much stuff says "product > > of Canada". > > Well, much of it is true, but maybe not as much as I intimated. I think it > depends on the type of food. I notice many of the fruits I eat originate > from Florida or California while vegetables and beef often come from > somewhere in Canada. Obviously a climate thing. I've also noticed a > significant amount of fruits coming from South America. There's a march on > to advance home grown foods with the advertising lauding how fresh Canadian > produce is because it gets to the dinner table faster because it doesn't > have to travel so far to get here. But it seems like there's a whole lot of > inter-country food commerce going on when there doesn't really need to be. > Maybe it advances trade in other areas where bigger profits are made. > > When you see Canadian grown food, is it measured in metric? Your US food > comes here in quarts,  pints, pounds and ounces.

DINGDINGDINGDING!!!! YOU are the 200 th caller. Free pints for you at the Duke of Richmond (The next to Old City hall...or..wait, the Duke Of Gloucester on Yonge might be closer.... but that is in an iffy area...

Reply to
Robatoy

Extremely close to where I live, but unfortunately it's on the second floor. The first few years here I visited the Pilot Tavern on occasion until they added several steps in the front door. However, if it's that type of pub atmosphere that you're into, I know of several locations nearby that are similar. Or, if you're ok for a dive, there's the Burgundy bar and grill ~ less than five minutes away.

Reply to
Upscale