Re: "Lights per inch" gauge ID

#98 is a Beer Stine Holder

Possibly, I'll put that on my list, someone else suggested it could support a small keg of beer.

Reply to
R.H.

This has been suggested more than any of the other ideas, but those usually have a handle on one side and the food exits from the opposite side, which I'm not sure how that would work with this thing, since the opposite side is solid.

Reply to
R.H.

I just found out what this one is, it's a gauge for glass. This is from a glass glossary off the web:

"Light: Another term for an entire stained glass window or a portion of one with defined boundaries."

So "lights per inch" is the same as sheets of glass per inch. I measured the gauge and found that each number on that side of it was indeed a fraction of an inch.

I did some research on the web, and found a historical Pittsburg site in which there were several references to G.W. Klages on a "Pittsburgh commodity index" page from 1913. All references to Klages mention glass cutting, as seen in the link below:

morning I had two other people telling me that it was a leather gauge, I received a couple of emails from one of them, a leather expert who went into detail explaining how it was used and what lights meant in terms of leather. I was convinced that they were right until I found the above links.

They don't rotate, but they could still be used to hold banners or something.

I agree that it looks similar, but it's unlikely.

I don't know what the hole size is, but I'll put this on my list of possible answers. Someone else gave an answer that I like, a support for a small keg of beer.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.