Re: Grizzly uses back orders as a way to finance operations?

Then you, of all people, *should* understand the difference between a 'hold' and a 'charge'.

The card has _not_ been 'effectively' charged, since *NO*MONEY*CHANGED*HANDS*. You are -not- incurring interest charges, nor are the 'free' days running.

You have made a _commitment_ to pay, those funds _are_ marked as *commited*, that's all.

If the limit is set low _at_your_request_, and you know you're going to have a big 'hold', *you* can ask the CC company to _raise_ the limit on the card, even _temporarily_, by the amount of the 'hold'. Voila! No more problem. All _you_ have to do is 'plan ahead'.

If _you_ are managing your account limit, then you *are* responsible for managing your account limit. You _know_ how the industry works. *USE* your knowledge.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Actually a better question would be - Do you bill the credit card at time of order or time of shipment?

Most reputable companies will only bill the cc at time of shipment.

As for the delay - remember they are shipping from Taiwan or China via ocean freight which is around 2 weeks+ depending on the route the ship takes, customs, etc.

BillyBob

Reply to
BillyBob

Well, so far, after several weeks, the answers to questions about availability add up to: "No, we don't have any and as of last Friday or so, we sorta might think of dreaming of getting one or two delivered by, say, the end of October, or maybe not, since the manufacturer seems to be having trouble of some sort. Back order list? I don't know about that."

All of which adds up to a story that Grizzly has told before, IMHO. Bluntly, I've not had that problem with, say, Rockler or Woodcraft or any other major mail order dealer.

If they do NOT have something in stock, I don't know that they're reliable about predicting when or if they will ever get any particular widget again. Waste of time. Look over old Grizzly threads. Reports go back years and years.

Reply to
edfan