Re: Going on vacation - looking for wood stores along the way!

The family and I are leaving on Friday July 18th and heading to Lake Tahoe

>then onto San Francisco and Fresno and then back home to Prescott Valley, >AZ. We'll be passing through Sacramento, Bakersfield and Kingman and would >like to know of any good Wood Stores in any of these places. Thanks for any >and all suggestions. > >John >

While on an extended business trip in San Francisco, I hit Woodcraft in Dublin, Hida Tool in Berkeley, and Japan Woodworker in Alameda. All worthwhile, all on the web (that's where I got directions).

Paul

Reply to
Scarfinger

Can't help you with the wood working; however, if you pass thru Bakersfield at meal time, you owe it to yourself to stop and eat at the Basque restaurant.

It has been there for years, anybody in Bakersfield can give you directions. (It's on one of the main N-S streets)

My suggestion is get a motel there for the night because after you eat there, you sure won't feel like driving.

Been there, done that.

Enjoy.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett