Re: G0555 Riser Block, was: OT - Views on Death (friend died today), now kudos to Griz support

E-mailed Griz tech support, explained problem, and asked if maybe I had a

> "short" blade, etc. Their answer was:

Finally got time to take a look @ my bandsaur, took 3/8" blade that came

*with* riser kit off & tried the 3/4" one I bought from Griz when I got the saw. It was definitely longer, mounted on wheels very nicely. Emailed Griz tech support that the problem was the *short* blade, they have sent me an apology for the problem AND are sending me another 3/8" blade gratis to replace it.

I've got to say I'm a satisfied customer!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I'm glad the problem finally resolve. By the way, you should try Lee Valley's Viking blades, they're good. I would definitely stay away from Timberwolf saw blades.

Reply to
WD

Why is that? What was the problem you found with Timberwolf blades?

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Me too. I definitely trust LV products, but I've always heard nothing but raves about Timberwolf blades.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Considering that Timberwolf is one of the most recommended blades around, I wonder what axe you are grinding?

Have you had a bad experience with a TW blade? I've used plenty of them and have always found them to be superior to any other blade around that I have tried.

Reply to
Vic Baron

hmmm, especially since the Viking blades and Timberwolf blades are the same according to Lee Valley?

Reply to
James Cubby Culbertson

??? Doesn't the LV catalog (catalogue) characterize them as 'formerly known as Timberwolf'???

Reply to
patrick conroy

Just b'cuz I find Southfolk's blade unsatisfactory I have an axe to grind? It seem almost everyone here ".....heard nothing but raves about Timberwolf blades, (borrow from Norman D. Crow :-). I bought two of their blades and it was really very bad. Suffolk Machinery reluctantly replaced one blades and told me not to throw it away as they may want it back. The replacement was still the same, now the 3 blades sit on the shelf gathering saw dust!

I bought a Lee Valley's Viking blade plus others stuff. LV blade is very good, in LV's catalogue their Viking blades formally known as Timberwolf. Probably, I will also try Olson blades too. :-).

Cheer. :-)

Reply to
WD

Ask Robin Lee, he's here and in a better position to answer the question! :-)

Cheers

Reply to
WD

The Iturra catalog mentioned that they are not allowed to use a certain name because of trademark issues. Therefore they use a different name in their catalog - Bladerunner.

Is the the Timberwolf blades they are talking about? Whats the story?

They also mentioned that they and FWW disagree about which blade is best. FWW didn't measure durability.

So if depends on your needs. If you have low-volume, high quality needs, Bladerunner is a good blade. If you want a blade to last a long time, which FWW didn't measure, Iturra suggests Pro Master (II or III).

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Interesting, thanks. BTW - that Iturra "catalog" is amazing, isn't it?

Yeah, but in a little bit of defense of FWW - I tried the WoodSlicer 1/2" blade on my Jet 14" and found in vastly easier to resaw with than the 1/2" Sufflok Saw blade I had. Could be User Error, but that was my experience.

Reply to
patrick conroy

Yup. I even gave it a "review" here a few weeks ago when I got my first copy. Reviewing a free catalog. Crazy, eh?

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Several years back in the wreck, we concluded the WoodSlicer is generally better up to 6-8 inches, while the Suffolk pulls ahead as you get wider. It was both easier to cut with and smoother. At that time we also traded samples to compare. In the end, though, I found adjustment and technique to be the most important.

Reply to
GerryG