Re: Free 6" jointer, but read qualifiers (in Delaware)

Hi Jim, I have the same Yorkcraft Jointer as you, have had it for about 3 or

4 months, I love it, no problems.
I have a serious POS Craftsman 6" jointer which is about 10 years old and is > presently not running. The motor will turn itself over if spun first, but will > not start up under the load of the belt. The fix could be as simple as a > starting capacitor replacement, or it could need a new or rebuilt motor. > > I should fix this myself, but this thing has a too-small fence that is beyond > TPOS rating, and Wilke Machinery was only a 1.5 hour drive away. > > So, I am offering this piece of near scrap metal, with stand but without mobile > base, for free to the first person who backs their vehicle up to my garage > door. Please contact me at the work number or email below if you are interested. > > > (The Yorkcraft 6" machine is doing nicely, BTW. Apparently Wilke is selling so > many that they now have a lot of political pull at the factory, and fit and > finish are actually going up relative to the machines that were available at > the time they were mentioned in FWW. They say it is a much nicer machine now > than just a year ago.) > > Jim Kirby > > > -- > James T. Kirby > Center for Applied Coastal Research > University of Delaware > Newark, DE 19716 > > phone: 302-831-2438 > fax: 302-831-1228 > email: snipped-for-privacy@udel.edu >
Tony