Re: found an old unusual Stanley

There was an older Stanley multi #45 and get this, a COMPLETE set of

> cutters for it! The plane had a pretty heavy coat of patina, the > cutters had some rust spots.

Probably not that rare but still a good find.

There was also a cutter-less Stanley > beading plane and a funny-looking guy with the number 239. I have > enclosed a pic of it in abpw. Terrific shape. I took it home cause I > wasn't sure what it was and it looked useful. > Then I looked around the web and saw one in pristine condition, > offered for $450!!
*Offered* for or *sold* for? Also, I think pristine is a *big* deal to collectors. There are lots of dealers asking pretty high prices for old ww tools, and at least one dealer who seems to sell well at those prices, but I wouldn't start planning for early retirement yet. :-)

Congratulations on the finds. Enjoy them.

Cheers, Mike

Reply to
Mike