Re: FIREPLACE SCREENS

Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 7:04pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.combleah (Charlie=A0Self) says: Fireplace screens are for catching sparks before they burn your house down. This one is for cute, cute, cute, and if used WITH a fireplace instead of a spray of dried grass will probably contribute to burning your house down.

I was just thinking these would be to put in front of the fireplace when it was out. Wasn't thinking anyone would put one in front of a lit fireplace - but, now that I think about it, yes, I am sure there are people out there stupid enough to do exactly that.

I have a metal hanging screen on mine, with folding glass doors on the outside. Haven't used the damn thing in years. My ex just "had" to have the fireplace, rather than a wood stove.

JOAT Let's just take it for granted you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Hey a fireplace is great, because then the wife says "can you build a mantle for it?" and you say "gosh I really need that new bandsaw to make a mantle..." (g)

david

Reply to
D K Woods