Re: Driftwood

Then there was the episode of the dead whale washed up on one of Oregon's > beaches. >

> "Dynamite it I say....." > > So they did. > > Whale parts and fluids everywhere. I mean everywhere. The only real damage > was to the roof of the car owned by the fellow in charge. It didn't stand up > to a 400 lb piece of blown-up, rotten smelly whale blubber returning to > earth after a trip to several hundred feet off the beach. > > They don't do that anymore either.... > > Remember... "save a tree, save a towel, wipe your ass with a spotted > owl...." > > I love Oregon...really, I do.. > > Rob > >

If anyone has not seen this video clip, I strongly suggest you Google for "exploding whale" or something and download the clip! It is a riot.

Digger

Reply to
Digger

On 28 Jul 2003, Rob Stokes spake unto rec.woodworking:

I heard this story just yesterday, couldn't believe it. First thing this morning, put "exploding whale" into google, and sho'nuff, first link:

the Dave Barry column, if nothing else.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Cramer

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:38:35 GMT, "Rob Stokes" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

OOOOO Rob, Dem treehuggin, PETA (Dats people eating tasty animals round these parts,,*G*) folks are gonna come and have a sit in on your lawn

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Bloody excellent!! Reminds of the old adage that polis ought to have stamped into their one braincell:

"Don't just do something! Stand there!"

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

My fav bumper sticker::

"I Love whales;- They taste so good"

(The love thing is a red heart shape, of course)

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Aren't those stickers cute? One of these days, I swear, I'm going to have a bunch of stickyback pictures of a wood screw made, and paste over as many of those kinds of stickers (even those with two pictures, one of a heart and one of a collie) as I can....

Reply to
George