Re: Biscuits as Kitchn Door Joints -- Reasonable?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:43:14 GMT, "Gregory N. Latiak" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

I have to build about 10 kitchen cabinet doors to finish off a project. snip

if you plan to whitewash the doors, might i suggest pocket hole screws? our esteemed Mr. Jummy will cry blasphemy but, pocket holes and plugs are a quick way to make door frames if you plan to paint (shudder) the wood.

if not, i would stick to one joinery method of the M&T joint. it gives you the satisfaction of knowing you did it, and the practice of actually doing it.

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

using glass panels. If someone were to let the door swing open till the hinge stopped it, the hinge side joints would probably break. I would opt for the M&T joints.

-- "Shut up and keep diggen" Jerry

Reply to
Micro*

Reply to