Re: Bending 3mm metal puzzle

An aluminium saucepan was dropped on the kitchen floor and now the lid will

>not fit on, due to a fairly small flattening of one side. > >The saucepan is 16cm in diameter and the aluminium is 3 mm thick. My thumbs >are just not strong enought to push the side out enough for the lid to fit >on. > >Cannot think of a way to get a good leverage on it to re-shape it, without >damaging the non stick coating on the inside of the saucepan. Grateful for >any suggestion. Thanks. >

One dolly + one rubber hammer, it is fixed. george

Reply to
George Watson

I've used a rubber mallet and/or a broomstick on dents like that. Support the edges where the flat starts and push out on the center of the flat area. The flat comes out pretty easily, so take care. Slow, firm pressure works best for me. YMMV

-- Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice. -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I saw a guy on TV once, on a deep cable science channell. He rolled up an aluminum pan like a tortilla, with his hands. Then he bent a

12" Crescent wrench to a 90 deg angle.

Just do that.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Without anyone getting overly excited at my comment being unwarranted critique of skill levels might I say that the owner of a nonstick alum alloy 'pan who was not possessed of the skill to "dolly and hammer" the 'injury' (as described), returning the vessel to serviceable use had best........ buy another fskn 'pan ensuring saving himself - and this cross-posted thread the B/W! /rolls eyes I mean, really... really... .. bless my brothel keeping Aunt for her efficiencies :-/ george

Reply to
George Watson

/nodding

time for that pan to hit the chookpen :-) george

Reply to
George Watson