Re: bandsaws

I want to buy a bandsaw for resawing lumber, the only thing is I cannot go

> over 110vlts. I've looked at the grizzly 14" bandsaws, they have one on sale > for 375$. Is this the best one out there to get bang for the bucks from.

In the "bang for the buck" category, yes, the Grizzly G0555 bandsaw

is the winner. If you're going to be doing thick wood and would like a heavier motor, go for the G1073
,which has a 2-HP motor.

As for not using more than 110 volts, note that while the G1073 is pre-wired for 220, the motor can be hooked up for use on 110 volts, although it will draw up to 24 amps at peak, which may be more than your circuit can provide.

steve

Reply to
Steve Wolfe

It worked great for me . . . . get a good timberwolf blade and make some great boards.

Jummy

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara