Raised Panel Using a Router/Straight Bit

Had downloaded a plan for making a jig for my router table and naturally when I need to build it, I can't find it. Anyone have anything on .pdf form that you can send me?

-R

Reply to
Russell H. Martin, Jr

If you have a TS, this is the way to go unless (of course) you want to invest in a raised panel bit.

I think it was a recent Wood magazine that had an article about raising panels on the TS. Actually it's just a matter of scoring a perimeter line, then tilting the blade to about 15 degrees to intersect the score line.The article has the jig angle incorporated.

Either way works.

I guess you could accomplish the same with a long straight router bit but that's a lot of sawdust.

Lou

Reply to
loutent