R/D 46-111 lathe

I have a Rockwell/Delta 46-111 lathe that I haven't used in probably 10 or 15 years and now have a need to turn some legs. The problem is my memory hasn't kept up with the years. Two simple questions. How do I lock in spur center into the headstock and how do I move the tailstock and tool rest along the rails? The plate washers don't clear the supports in the rails. I have found parts diagrams on the web but not instructions.

Reply to
Larry

The spur center, and all morse taper fittings, are simply friction fit. Just shove it in sharply by hand and that should do it. As for the stocks, sounds like something is wrong. They should slide freely from end to end on the ways. Probably you have incorrect clamping components, or assembled wrong. Suggest checking your manual if you have it, checking with Delta if you don't.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

Try calling Delta, phone number listed on their website. I have same/similar lathe a Delta Homecraft built in 1945. They were a tremendous help in find and supplying part and also providing technical advice.

Reply to
wmjinlet

I looked at the parts list, and it appears if you loosen the acorn nuts (66/52), you will loosen the banjo or tailstock. Move, tighten.

Reply to
George