Question on mini-table saw

I bought one of those cheap $99 table saws from Lowe's awhile back because I needed it to install some hardwood floors and didn't want to invest in a larger one. It is a Delta 10" brand. Has anyone done anything with this to be more accomadating to larger pieces of wood. At this time I don't want to buy a larger saw because I don't have a lot of space, but at the same time a larger table would be nice. I'm just looking for ideas. I know the saw is a piece of junk and I need a real one to do real work so please don't flame me.

Reply to
User Example

You can build a table around it. Cut a sheet of plywood about the size you want and cut a hole for the saw. You also want to recess it a few inches so you can cross cut wider boards. Of course you have to route a groove for the miter to slide in before and after the existing table.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Mind the wrap. Tom

Reply to
tom

Thanks. That'll work!

Reply to
User Example

Norm built a station for one of these years ago, for The New Yankee Workshop.

Reply to
Randal

Here is one of the simplest & best ideas I have seen for increasing the utility of a bench top tablesaw:

Lawrence Wasserman