PVC exterior trim

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? I've got some rotting trimwork that needs replacing, and I'm considering using this stuff.

Thanks.

Reply to
Anon

It's fine stuff for that. There are only a couple of caveats. The stuff expands and contracts with changes in temperature and you have to allow for that. Painting it too dark of a color will exacerbate the temperature-based movement and may cause the PVC to deform.

Other than that it works much like wood. Check out Versatex and Azek products.

RicodJour

I've used it as baseboard in the garages on some of the houses I build and it seems to hold up well for that particular area ... pretty cheesy looking just about anywhere else, IMO.

Otherwise, it's western red cedar, or Hardi trim ...

Reply to
Swingman

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub