precat lacquer - opinion on magnashield from Hood

from hoodfinishing.com on Magnashield

" a self-sealing, VOC compliant, non-yellowing, super-tough and durable pre-catalyzed lacquer. It combines durability, chemical resistance and fast build similar to a conversion varnish or post-catalyzed lacquer. However, unlike other high resistance finishes, Magna-Shield? can be recoated anytime with no window of recoat ability or restrictions on number of coats applied.

Available in high gloss (90% sheen), gloss (75% sheen), satin (45%), dull satin (25%) and matte sheen (12%) in gallons, 5 gallon pails, and

55 gallon drums.

$112.00 per 5 gallon pail $26.95 per single gallon

Personally, I never heard of it, but then again, I've never worked with precat lacquer. I like the company, so...

Thanx for any insights.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

I use magnashield in white and black I haven't tried the clear. I also use their wiping stains, I thin them, use retarder and spray them. I'm very happy with all of their products I've used. From my experience precat lacquer is the same as spraying regular lacquer EXCEPT some have limitations on how many coats you can use and the time frame for recoating. The magnashield doesn't have the limitations. You can learn more on

HTH Frank

Reply to
Frankcw