power stock feeder

Can anyone give me advice on stock feeders. I have small production shop. I have just ripped 3864 feet of red cedar by hand. This is only first order of many. I thought a power stock feeder would be the way to go. Do they work well in keeping the stock tight up against the fence. Any draw backs to them. All advice is appreciated. BTW My saw is a 3 Hp

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I'm jealous. I slap computers for a living. ;-)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Yes they work. No production shop should be without them.

If you have an aftermarket fence you'll want to secure it at the outfeed end.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I have used one to rip 3/4" yellow pine in 1/8" strips. The feeder does hold the wood tight against the fence. We set it up with a little twist that pushes the the wood against the fence. If you are doing a lot of ripping it takes the job from highly skilled labor and much fatigue to less skill required and less operator tension. Most have a few feed speeds to match the wood to the saw's power and your own speed. I personally used the feeder in a shop where it was already set up so I cannot comment on brands. I cannot even comment on that brand as I had that job 15 years ago.

snipped-for-privacy@cyberus.ca (Peter) wrote:

Reply to
Jim Behning