Plywood from China

And your Personal Experience differs markedly from My Personal Experience. Note also that the first Japanese transistor radio was not made in Japan. It was made in Indianapolis.

Reply to
LD

You Reap what you Sow, "s*****ad"!

And you are also a Coward!

Reply to
LD

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:35:38 +0100, J. Clarke wrote (in article ):

I predict that in the near future every home will have one, and housewives wearing silver-foil jump-suits will use them for the household accounts or while away their leisure time playing chess with them or storing recipes in the memory tanks which can easiy be refilled and upgraded by having mercury delivered to the door just as today we have milk... They will even be able to play a selection of melodies on the household piano by means of an attachment which fits over the keys and faithfully replays compositions stored in the memory tanks. Now every home will be able to have music!

The control bank will fit neatly in beside the wireless telegraphy televisual receiving apparatus and the radium-ray steak cooker so housewives can easily pause for the hour when it is time for the picture information broadcast which will, it is envisaged, come into their homes every single day to deliver government news and messages from friends and family - except Sunday, of course, when the flow of electricity will be stopped as a mark of respect.

What excitement tomorrow promises, thanks to the miracle of the electron and the vision of us here at the Omnivac Corporation of America!

Reply to
Bored Borg

Sweet. Maybe I was wrong in assuming that computers were a passing fad and would disappear in a few years...

mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Computers, bah, humbug, just a fad, never gonna catch on."

Reply to
J. Clarke