plastic hf toolboxes

Not really. Alternating shoes will allow them to dry completely, between wearings.

Reply to
krw

Not counting walking through puddles, how long does it take for a pair of shoes to dry out after a "normal" wearing session?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It depends on a lot of factors but it does take a while. There isn't a lot of air flow inside a shoe.

Reply to
krw

"A while" doesn't help move the discussion forward.

When I was project manager for a Fortune 500 company, I learned very quickly that "not too long", "not much", "fairly soon", etc. were not answers that were going to move your career along. People can't make decisions or plan budgets with nebulous answers like that.

If "a while" means it takes 18 hours for a pair of work shoes to dry, then maybe a person shouldn't wear them 2 days in a row. However, if "a while" is

8 - 10 hours, then they'll most likely be dry by the time you need them the next day.

How long is "a while" when it come to shoes drying?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

some cheap plastic ones are uv stable and maybe hf sells one

and back to the op we go

Reply to
Electric Comet

Depends on your home climate. They'll dry faster in Arizona than in Florida. OTOH, in Western Washington, especially in the winter, they may never really get dry. Yakima - you can hear them drying out. Which is one reason why you might as well have two pair and give them a days and two nights to dry out.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Fri, 04 May 2018 19:43:15 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

There is no cost savings in buying things which don't work - no matter how cheap they might be. You can't make scrap fast enough to show a profit, you can't afford to buy even one pair of shoes you don't wear, no matter how long they last, or cheap they were.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

DerbyDad03 on Fri, 4 May 2018 20:13:02 -0700 (PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

What is the ambient relative humidity, air temperature and air flow in the house, and specifically where the shoes are? Are they low cut shoes you can pull the tongue out to improve airflow, or boots which you pull on and reach up to your knee? Do your feet sweat a lot, a little? How wet were your socks when you took your footgear off? Without answers to those questions, "a while" is as good an answer as you can get.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Fri, 04 May 2018 19:43:15 -0400 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Yep.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Day". Is that better?

Were you going to pay me for my answer? OK, I'll set up an experiment.

Reply to
krw

Screwed up feet are forever.

Reply to
krw

Yes, the feel good and basically need no break-in.

Reply to
Leon

That's how the Brooks shoes that I prefer feel. They run about $130, new, at the runners' shoe store. When I first bought them, I bought "last year's model" at about 40% off. The last time I saw them on sale on-line, I bought 2 identical pairs.

I would never need another shoe to wear again, if I lived where there is no winter. But they are running shoes, so most of them are mesh material which makes them freezing in cold weather.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Electric Comet on Fri, 4 May 2018

20:18:35 -0700 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Now that's just weird. :-)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Well, that would depend on the ambient humidity.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

How wet the shoes are, the amount of padding in the shoes, the size/shape of the shoe, wind (direction and speed), and probably a dozen other variables.

Reply to
krw

So, in other words, it's not a given that buying 2 pairs of shoes and alternating them will make them each last longer than they would if worn every day. That process only helps in situations where the shoes do not dry out in time to be worn the next day.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That is the failure vector, yes. "Two days" allows about three times the drying time as overnight.

BTW, they make shoe trees with small fans in them to help dry shoes (boots).

Reply to
krw

Just tack this thing and some compress air you should be able to dry them out in a hurry. ;)

Markem

Or use your wife's hair dryer, on low, for a lot less money and faster as well.

Reply to
OFWW