Planer

Leon, I looked in Delta's catalog.. Here is a list of the two speeds (feed rate) for their planers in ft/min

Planer Speeds

Lunchbox 13" 20/30 Stationary 15" 16/30 " 20" 20/30 " 24" 20/30

So generally speaking in the case of Delta anyway speed or feed rate is very similar for almost all their models.

Reply to
Jim Hall

Thanks for pointing that out. I was mentally referencing the DeWalt, when it originally came out the feed rate was closer to the 8/16 ratio IIRC. I see that DeWalt no longer publishes the feed rate rather they show the 96 and 179 cuts per minute specs. I do recall that normal single speed for the older lunch box planers was 16 fpm which produces a pretty nice surface, still it needs the final prep work. DeWalt "was" advertising a finish speed at about 1/2 the fast feed rate or almost double the cuts per inch.

Reply to
Leon