Plan for CABBAGE SLICER or Shredder WANTED

I've done a search on google for "cabbage slicer plan" and "cabbage shredder plan" without getting a good hit. I'd like to make one that has three blades set at an angle. (remembered from grandpa's)

Thanks, Doug in western NC

Reply to
Doug Siddens

Grandma called that a "kraut cutter". I have seen smaller ones for slicing onions etc called "mandolins"

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

calculations required.

more at

0.60 seconds to search cabbage+slicer.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I don't have plans, but I could take some pix of mine if you'd like. (I picked it up at a yard sale last year for a couple of bucks).

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

These should give you some ideas:

Bob Schmall

djb,

Yes, I'd like some pics if you can get >>

Reply to
Doug Siddens

I'll snag the digital camera from work over the weekend.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Doug,

You can have a look at

Thanks for asking about this... The rust you'll see in a couple of the pics is just on the surface, but the mandoline would have sat for a year if I hadn't hauled it out today. Hate to think how bad it would have been at that point, even if I did only pay $2 for it.

;-)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Thanks for those great pictures, Dave! While we have cut this season's cabbage with the food processor, I'll be thinking about this as a project this winter.

Thank you, aga>[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see

Reply to
Doug Siddens

No worries. If you have any questions let me know.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone