Pittsburgh area tool store

Hi everybody, does anyone know of a good quality tool shop in the Pittsburgh area? I've usually been able to find whatever I need at either Rocker or Woodcraft - but not this time. Woodworkers supply in the North Hills was always a great place, but they are no more... I'm trying to avoid ordering a new CMS and pay for shipping - I also wanna play with it right away!

Reply to
Mike

Lots of Borgs around. A number of Sears. You can always overpay at a Graingers I suppose although I doubt that they stock them. What CMS are you looking for that a Lowes or Home Depot wouldn't carry? Oftentimes the lower cost and lack of sales tax from online ordering would pay for 1 or at worst 2 day shipping. Other than those I don't really know. I doubt that many of the mom & pop hardware stores or even the true values would carry much in the way of CMS's, neither would the 84 Lumbers or other lumber yards. If you really have to fondle it, I imagine your best bets will be the many Lowes and HDs in the area.

BTW it is too bad that Rockler put Woodworkers Supply out of business so quickly.

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall

Daniels discount

412-655-7541 Curry Rd in South Park

Only been there once put they seemed to have every kind of tool there is.

Reply to
RayV

Thanks for the lead - this place had the exact model I was looking for. Interesting store - from the outside you wouldn't think that they had anywhere near the amount of quality tools. I will definately go back there in the future.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

My brother buys tools there often. He likes them because they have a huge selection and you can 'take it home today'. Glad it worked out for you.

Amazing that a small place can have a selection bigger than the big box stores and still stay in business. Just wish I could find a place like Daniels in NJ.

Reply to
RayV

Try AW Meyer in Ridgefield, they have most everything and have a big sale at the end of September. Also Force Machinery, Route 22 in Union, they have a pretty good selection.

Mutt

RayV wrote:

Reply to
Pig

Oh, my previous post is in regard to NJ stores. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Mutt

Pig wrote:

Reply to
Pig

Thanks for the lead on AW Meyer. I will try to get up there the end of this month:

like they haven't updated their website yet for this year.

I've been to Force Machinery and wasn't that impressed with the selection except for their router bits. Daniels' in Pittsburgh is like a candy store for kids, aisles & aisles of tools to choose from.

Reply to
RayV