"Pining for more woodworkers"

Pining for more woodworkers at

yared22311

include any 'shop' classes at all. Those were for the kids who struggled with basic math so that they could learn a trade and make their way in life. Or so I was told at the time.

You can imagine the eye-opening I got when I first hired on as a machinist and had to calculate the x-y coordinates for 11 holes on a 12 hole pattern with a radius of 1.876".

I got another eye-opening when I had to actually drill the holes on location and to spec per runout and finish.

I was about 40 years old before I ever stepped foot into a college class. Machine Trades 100.

Reply to
Obfuscated