Pinging anyone with a shop

"Charlie Self" wrote

Well, whadya know. I have a daughter who lives in Bedford.

Max (visit there often)

Reply to
Max

Take a look at and is there anything there you might find useful? If so, I can try for some better shots.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I moved to Middle TN from Sullivan County, NY a little town called Grahamsville. (Catskill Mountains)

Reply to
Dale Miller

Take a peek at my saw dust factory below. High Point, NC.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

"Swingman" wrote in news:jLudna2PH5WgcebanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I never did not say that me.

Reply to
Hank

So do I...county, that is, about 10 miles from town.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I moved to VA from Wurtsboro, NY, on the edge of Sullivan...IIRC, it is still in Orange, but I am not sure. A long time ago.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Check the email from your site.

See you soon, I hope.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie,

You can see some views of my shop here.

Glen

Glen, Email me, please: charliediy @ gmail dot com

Even if Franks was full of shit. I was a 'Nam antiwar protestor while he was still in short pants, after I got out of USMC.

Reply to
Charlie Self

A whole bunch. Virtually all of the bench shots, most of the shop shots, minus scenic and insulation.

Email me, please.

Reply to
Charlie Self

innews:jLudna2PH5WgcebanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

For something of a similar cadence, take a look at Peter Bowen's books about a cowboy brand inspector in Montana, Gabriel DuPres...metis, not cajun, but similar speech. And the books are a lot of fun, too.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Charlie Self wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

When I was a kid I worked a bit for my uncle Rene doing roofing and siding. The classic I remember was his "Henri, raise down de plank".

Reply to
Hank

innews: snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

We don't know which direction the plank is going, UNLESS we're on site. Then it makes sense. Or at least I don't.

Reply to
Charlie Self

"Hank" wrote

Or, as Boudreaux always sez in the shop, him: "Brought dat saw over here, cher!"

Being in Texas for so long I have no cajun accent left (unless I want to, that is) ... but no amount of schooling has ever cured me from using "bring" in place of "take".

Reply to
Swingman

e-mail sent

skeez

Reply to
skeez

I think Wurstboro is in Ulster County.

Reply to
Dale Miller

Nope. I just checked. It's well within the boundaries of Sullivan County.

Not far from the town of Mamakating.

Reply to
Charlie Self

That always reminds me of the old joke about the guy on a train from Schenectady to Skaneateles talking to the conductor about all the funny sounding town names in some parts of Europe. Mamakating fits right into that tale.

Reply to
Charlie Self

I forgot to add WV. My wife is always glad for a chance to roll up on by the Ohio and watch the river traffic, especially if sternwheelers are running.

Response has been great, with some very interesting shops. I could use two or three more shops, preferably in unusual locations, but not necessarily.

Reply to
Charlie Self