Pinging anyone with a shop

I can use photos and descriptions of shops for a book I'm working on. I'll be glad to drive to some, in NC, VA, eastern TN, maybe a couple more, but I'd like to see shots from other areas, too. No money in it, a mention of course, and if you want further details, more information, check with me at charliediy @ gmail . com or go to my web site,

and pick up a contact there. If you run across my old AOL address, PLEASE do NOT use it.

Reply to
Charlie Self

"Charlie Self" wrote

Check out the websites of some of the wReckers ... you never know when you might find something you can use.

Reply to
Swingman

Wed, Jan 2, 2008, 4:26am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self) doth appeal to j ust the cute guys here, so I answered his call:: I can use photos and descriptions of shops for a book I'm working on.

Pichurs are in the e-mail. I'll take some of the dog too if you want. Do you think this could lead to a film contract? For me, not the dog. Lucy Liu here I come.

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

Yes. Like most of what's on your site. Let's see if I can get your email to work.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Stills, not movies. No help from this direction, I'm afraid.

You really gotta work on that Appalachian thing with pictures: it is "pixtures." At least it is according to most of my in-laws who live in Applachia and can't pronounce it any other way.

My dog hates the shop. The shrieking tools make her ears hurt, I guess. Too, she's never been fed in there, and she doesn't like indoor places where she doesn't get fed and petted.

Reply to
Charlie Self

"Charlie Self" wrote

Some pics I have taken of projects show my shop in the background.

can take pics of the shop if that's what you have in mind.

Max

Reply to
Max

The URL below is of a previous rendition of the shop, but it's not grown much in size. If anything it's shrunk because I have more tools in it.

If that's also the kind of "shop" you're looking for I can give you more pics. If, however, you're looking for something more along the lines of a pro shop, I can understand. Let me know.

Reply to
Tanus

Sort of like "axing" questions which (Swingman may correct me here) is Lousyana thang.

Reply to
Dave in Houston

background.http://flickr.com/photos/18036559@N04/sets/72157603066528456/> I can take pics of the shop if that's what you have in mind.

Yes, please. And shots of that lumber rack...is that your design?

Reply to
Charlie Self

I can't get Foxmire to work with Google to email you, so...yes, I'd like to see shots, higher resolution if possible.

How on earth do you stand it...I had to shoot some photos in my shop, with heat off overnight, and thought that I was going to lose fingers at 19 degs. F. Hell, we're in central Virginia, so it never gets really cold (says the guy who left Albany, NY more than 30 years ago...not going back, either, at least not in winter).

Reply to
Charlie Self

Indeed, there was no criminal intent whatsoever intended in the phrase: "Go axe yore Momma if you can go to da pitcher show, cher."

Reply to
Swingman

Oh, no. Now I may have to actually clean up the shop.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Look at my shop on my website.

Joe.....

Reply to
Chiefwoodworker

Wed, Jan 2, 2008, 6:08am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self) doth sayeth: Stills, not movies. No help from this direction, I'm afraid. You really gotta work on that Appalachian thing with pictures: it is "pixtures." At least it is according to most of my in-laws who live in Applachia and can't pronounce it any other way. My dog hates the shop. The shrieking tools make her ears hurt, I guess. Too, she's never been fed in there, and she doesn't like indoor places where she doesn't get fed and petted.

Oh yeah, I know you're taking stills, but my ultimate goal is getting Lucy Liu. She's the hottest lady there is far as I'm concerned.

I seem to unknowingly pick up some accents whereever I am. My Yankee relatives told me how 'Southern' I sounded when I was last up there. Down here, I open my moudth to a native and I still get, "You ain't from around here, are you?". And I've been in State since '79. So now, whereever i am I usually just use English more correctly than anyone around me, and to Hell with it.

Lucky you. It's not even my dog, it's my younger son's. I don't feed the dog in the shop, I guess she just wants to be close to someone, she's very friendly, the oly way she'd hurt anyone is by jumping up on them wanting to be petted, or scratched behind the ears. It's a bit shocking to be concentrating on some problem and have a cold nose touch your hand. If I'm not running any tools, she'll usually curl up on the floor, and not bother me, once I've patted her. The dog doesn't bite, but she barks, and I pack. LMAO

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

You are more than welcome to take pics of mine. I'm not too good at photography! My shop is well equiped for a hack like me but there arent too many special setups like lumber storage and clamp racks and such. My benches are utilitarian and some tools are on wheels. sop cabinets came from remodeling jobs so they aint color coordinated.:-] I'm in central N.C. about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from richmond VA if thats convenient for you. let me know if you need pics but i gotta tell ya they may not be book quality photos!

skeez

Reply to
skeez

I designed the lumber rack with the ceiling angles in mind. I built my shop from the ground up and have some pics of that somewhere. I'll have to scan them. I don't think they had digital cameras at the time and, in any case, I didn't have a computer. . Will do.

Max

Reply to
Max

Wed, Jan 2, 2008, 6:10pm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (skeez) doth sayeth: My shop is well equiped for a hack like me but there arent too many special setups like lumber storage and clamp racks and such.

Hah! When you get back in the area, might let you stop by and look at mine. Then you'll walk away thinking yours is Norm's sshop. LMAO

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T

I'm in central VA, about 65 miles north of Danville, halfway between Falwelltown (AKA Lynchburg) and Roanoke.

My whole life missed out on color coordination.

Email me, please.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Wow. Do you have repro quality files of those shots, or similar ones? Email me, please.

My old stomping grounds. In fact, I've got some cousins still living in Pittsfield: I graduated from Albany State, and the best restaurant in Colonie used to be the Barnsider...something like 35 years ago.

Reply to
Charlie Self

If your shots don't work out, I may try a flyby (in a 4 cylinder pick- up?) with you and skeez in one day to get shots. Oil just hit 100 bucks a barrel, so that's a wait and see deal. I'm not sure my publisher is up for driving expenses.

Reply to
Charlie Self